Conference "Supporting teachers in implementation of curriculum innovations"
Over 200 teachers, school leaders, researchers and education officials took part in conference "Supporting teachers in implementation of curriculum innovations" on 24 October 2013 in Tartu, Dorpat Conference Centre. Based on the feedback from participants, they valued the presentations of Scottish and Slovenian experts and the opportunity to have an international perspective on curriculum development and the implementation of curriculum innovations.
See programme and presentations held in English.
10.00-10.10 Opening address, MinEdu, Deputy Secretary General for General and Vocational Education Mart Laidmets
10.10-10.30 A Selection of Recipes for Assessment for Learning, Maria Jürimäe (University of
10.30-10.50 Assessment for Learning in Scottish Context, Sheila Quigley (Education Scotland)
10.50-11.10 Using Research to Inspire Practice, Ada Holcar Brunauer (The National Education
Institute Slovenia , ZRSŠ)
11.10-11.30 General Competences and their Assessment, Eve Kikas (University of Tallinn)
11.30-11.50 Assessing Learning Outcomes of Cross-Currical Topics, Juta Jaani (University of Tartu)
11.50-12.10 Assessment Tools for the Cross-Curricular Topic “Civil Society and Entrepreneurship”, Maris Jõgeva (NENO)
- Practical implementation of AfL (Maria Jürimäe, UT)
- Experiences of AfL from Europe (in English; Anita Kärner, UT; Barry Slattery, NCCA, Ireland; Sheila Quigley, Education Scotland, UK; Ada Holcar Brunauer, Marjeta Borstner, Vineta Eržen, ZRSŠ, Slovenia)
- Assessment instruments for cross-curricular topics ´Technology and innovation´; ´Citizenship and enterpreneurship´ and ´Life-long learning and career management´
- Assessment instruments for cross-curricular topics ´Environment and sustainable development
- Assessment instruments for cross-curricular topics ´Values and moral´and ´Cultural identity´
- Assessment of cross-curricular topics in the school
- Assessment of study skills and supporting development
- Subject and work plans in foreing languages
- Teacher´s work plan – an obligation or an opportunity for self-reflection